Silhouette Enclosures Inc. in Abbotsford, BC (recently acquired by Creō-Tech) is a specialized North American leader in custom industrial enclosure and control room designer and manufacturer. We design, engineer and fabricate enclosed power generation packages, laboratories that does research across the world’s oceans, data centres, mechanical and electrical control rooms, electrical buildings, large scale generator and power generation, HVAC and mechanical control systems, operator booths, portable scientific laboratories, and mechanical enclosures and buildings etc. just to name a few of the exciting products we work on.
Silhouette currently is searching for an experienced Material & Logistics Coordinator to join the team in Abbotsford!
In this role, you will direct and lead all the daily activities such as inventory control, materials coordinating, receiving, shipping, etc. You will be responsible for being a good team player and facilitate material movement inbound and outbound, as well as issues to manufacturing – working with the various departments your contributions will lead to our Team’s SUCCESS!
The schedule for this role is Monday-Friday, 1st Shift, 40-hour work week. Overtime as required from time to time.
In this critical role, you must be able to build relationships with Purchasing, Manufacturing, freight companies’ etc. and all other departments. You will be dedicated and committed to excellence, with open communication, where all team members have a voice. You must be comfortable speaking in front of people and effectively delivering information, whether positive or negative.
You need to have at least 5 years of inventory/materials coordinating experience & have a proven track record of implementing inventory systems and procedures.
As a Material Coordinator, you will need at least 5 years of inventory experience in manufacturing in hands-on roles with shop floor accountability. Also, having a background in steel and/or electro-mechanical manufacturing is a PLUS!
You will need excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines, demonstrating an ability to prioritize between what is urgent and what is important.
What you’ll be doing:
• Review manufacturing orders and issue materials whether from inventory, direct purchase or as free-issue to determine what materials are required, and issue timely to job on the factory floor.
• Material Handling:
o Issue and Supply Materials, newly delivered tools etc. to specific jobs directly into the job or the area designated for staging materials;
o Ensure the safe handling of materials and inventory – either in the warehousing containers and locations, but also from there to the factory floor;
o Set-up of Materials – Materials will be set-up on the factory floor as per the Manufacturing Supervisor’s instruction.
o Ensure all items are received into jobs via GRN for all non-inventoried items and/or services, and GRV for all inventoried items received into inventory;
o Free-Issued Materials/Components are received and tracked through the system by GRN;
o Issue inventory items to the shop floor upon request from the manufacturing Supervisor’s or staff;
• Disposal of Waste/Clean Up throughout the facility, including the office areas;
• Keep floors clean on a continuous basis to reduce risk of injury and follows safety requirements;
• Maintains a neat and orderly work area;
• Follows all safety requirements for the position and all company safety guidelines
• Completes appropriate paperwork to ensure accurate inventory transactions
• Additional duties as required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to read and write English, fluently;
• Preferred is a Parts Journey-person;
• Forklift experience required, Overhead Crane experience a PLUS;
• Great problem solving skills, attention to detail and basic math skills are requirements;
• 5S knowledge desired;
OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to lift 50lbs with or without assistance
• Ability to spend up to 12 hours a shift standing on your feet
• Ability to climb ladders, as needed
Silhouette is proud to be a member of Creō-Tech Industrial Group. We are an equal opportunity employer, encouraging diversity in the workplace. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law.